It’s that beautiful time of year again. The flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and everything seems to be going alright.
That is until you smell the roses and your eyes start to water, nose gets stuffy, and then you start sneezing uncontrollably for ten minutes straight.Although sometimes this is inevitable, there are some things you can do to build a stronger immune system.
The body when stressed and warn-out will manifest symptoms like sluggishness, low-energy and even flu like symptoms. Some folks (including myself), can’t afford to be sick because of the demands of their lifestyle.
Well, if you’re anything like me we have got to be doing a better job with building a strong immune system and what better way to do that then through food!
There are plenty of foods out there that help in boosting the body’s immune system, but not all are easily accessible, here are 5 foods that can definitely put the boost back in your immune system:
1. Yogurt –The research states that the probiotics existing in yogurt helps with balancing out the harmful bacteria in the gut. Research also shows that a healthy gut results to a healthy physical body. Although probiotics are available in other forms, yogurt is highly suggested as it is easily absorbed by the body and also high in protein.
2. Berries – There are variety of berries that are readily available, berries like Acai Berries, Elderberry, Blueberry, Strawberries, Blackberries even Cherries are filled with anti-oxidants. Not only do berries contain powerful antioxidants that boosts the immune system, berries are also known to fight chronic illnesses such as Cancer. Berries like the strawberries have a substance called Phenols, which is responsible in protecting the body from diseases. Acai berries on the other hand is ten times stronger and is also known to slow down aging and infection.
3. Oysters – More popular as an aphrodisiac, Oysters are also good boosters of the immune system. Why? Shellfish like oysters contains Selenium that helps build up good white blood cells. Its also a very good source of protein, along with vitamins B12 and D, zinc, copper, manganese and iron. Zinc, strengthens the immune system by helping white blood cells produce rapidly. While the Omega 3, discourages or minimizes inflammation in the body.
4. Sweet Potatoes – If you love potatoes, better to switch to sweet potatoes to boost your immune system. Like carrots, sweet potatoes contains beta-carotene when absorbed by the body and transformed into Vitamin A. Vitamin A not only fights free radicals, that causes cancer, but also boosts the immune system and is known to slow down the aging process of the human body. This also gives you an excuse to eat sweet potato fries.
5. Ginger – Ginger has been known to cure sore throat for centuries, this is because ginger is rich in gingerol. Gingerol is bioactive substance known to lower the risk of infections. Ginger is also known to have antimicrobial properties that inhibits the growth of bacteria such as E Coli, Salmonella, Etc. If you’re looking to boost your immune system just drop a few ginger shavings in your favorite smoothie or dishes.
Most of these foods are organic and readily available in your local stores, so there shouldn’t be any reason why you can’t include it to your daily meal plan. With a dose of these healthy foods, good eating habits, exercise and sufficient amount of sleep, you are guaranteed to have that healthy lifestyle you’ve been wanting.
If you want to know more on effective fitness hacks, then you have to check out my latest guide of 7 PROVEN STEPS TO BUILDING MUSCLE AND BURNING FAT (Without Starving Yourself Or Suffering Through An Overly Restrictive "Diet.")
>> CLICK HERE <<
Connect with Reuben:
Reuben on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/reubenbrooksfitness
Reuben on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/approvedbybrooks
Reuben on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/reuben_brooks
Reuben on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/reubenbrooksfitness